Summer is here, the season when our feet will be dry and rough because they will be exposed to the sun and hot surfaces. Summers always put the most strain on the feet, so proper foot care is essential.
Foot care is a vital component of personal hygiene and health, and still many individuals neglect it. Taking legitimate care of your feet can help prevent different foot issues, like corns, calluses, fungal infections, blisters and much more. Healthy feet can improve mobility, reduce pain, and increase overall comfort, that is common in people suffering from diabetes.
Good foot care begins with good foot hygiene habits like washing your feet with soap and water, drying them well, and using the best foot cream to keep your feet hydrated. Additionally, it is essential to trim your toenails regularly and wear shoes that provide cushioning and support for your feet. Extremely tight or loose footwear can lead to deformities and cause pain and discomfort.
People with certain medical conditions, such as diabetes or circulation problems, need to take extra precautions with their feet. Diabetics are especially prone to developing foot ulcers, which can lead to serious infections and even amputation if left untreated. Therefore, regular checkups with a podiatrist are necessary to prevent any potential foot problems.
Expert-recommended Foot care tips for healthy feet
To keep your feet healthy and pain-free, here are some expert-recommended foot care tips to help you maintain healthy feet:
- Wash your feet daily: To get rid of bacteria and dirt, you should wash your feet every day with soap and water. To avoid fungal infections, dry your feet thoroughly, particularly between your toes.
- Moisturize every day: To prevent cracking and dryness, apply moisturizer to your feet every day. On the other hand, applying moisturizer between your toes can make the area moist and cause fungal infections.
- Trim your toenails regularly: To prevent ingrown toenails, cut your toenails straight across and do not cut them too short. The edges can be smoothed with a nail file.
- Wear properly fitting shoes: Wear shoes that fit well and have enough cushioning and support. Keep away from high heels and tight-fitting shoes, as they can cause rankles, corns, and calluses.
- Change your footwear: Give your shoes a rest and alternate them every other day to allow them to air out and prevent odour and bacterial growth.
- Stretch your feet and ankles: Stretch your feet and ankles on a regular basis to increase flexibility, improve circulation, and prevent injuries to your feet and ankles. Attempt calf extends lower leg pivots and toe twists.
Which is the best foot cream?
Choosing the best foot cream can be a daunting task, given the plethora of options available in the market. A good foot cream should moisturize, nourish, and protect your feet, keeping them soft and smooth. The best foot cream in India is Foobetik Cream. This foot cream is designed to deeply moisturize and heal dry, cracked heel and rough feet. This non-greasy cream is enriched with natural emollients to provide a deep penetrating treatment for the feet. Infused with Urea, which helps to hydrate the skin and promote cell regeneration. It also contains shea butter and aloe vera, which provide additional moisture and nourishment to your feet. This foot cream is clinically proven to improve the condition of your heels in just a few weeks. This foot cream absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving your feet soft and smooth. This cream creates a protective barrier that prevents moisture loss and keeps your feet nourished and healthy. This foot cream has also proven effective in calming diabetic feet.
When choosing a foot cream, it is important to consider your skin type and the severity of your foot condition. If you have sensitive skin or a severe foot condition, it is recommended that you consult a dermatologist before using any product on your skin. Additionally, you should apply foot cream and other skincare products regularly and consistently to see visible results.