It’s no secret that having a strong, firm, and toned V-shaped butt is the key to looking sexy. While there are plenty of exercises to target your glutes and sculpt them into shape, it can be challenging to know where to start when developing a V shape butt. To help you get started, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide on V-shaped buttocks exercises.
V-Shaped Butt: How Can You Lift It
The secret to developing a V-shaped butt is to target the glute muscles from all angles. This means you must incorporate different exercises into your routine to target the glutes effectively. Some best practices to target your v-shaped glutes include deep squats, lunges, barbell hip thrusts, Kas Glute Bridge, deadlifts, pointed butt raises on the knees, fire hydrants, and more.
Exercises For A Perkier V-Shaped Butt
Deep squats are great for targeting the glutes and building shapely v-shaped buttocks. Start with standing with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart to do a deep squat. Then, slowly lower yourself into a squat position until your thighs are parallel to the floor and you feel a deep stretch in your glutes. Keep your chest up, core tight, and back straight throughout the movement.
Lunges are another excellent exercise for sculpting v-shaped buttocks. To make a lunge:
- Begin by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step one foot forward, and slowly lower yourself into a lunge position until your front knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Push off with your lead foot and return to the starting position.
Barbell Hip Thrusts
Barbell hip thrusts are another effective exercise for targeting and shaping the v-shaped glutes. To do this exercise:
- Sit on the floor with your back against a bench, and hold a barbell across your lap.
- Slowly lift your hips off the ground until they align with your shoulders and knees.
- Hold this position for a few seconds before lowering back to the starting position.
Kas Glute Bridge
The Kas Glute Bridge is perfect for developing a strong v-shaped butt. To do this exercise:
- Begin by lying on your back with your feet flat on the floor and your arms to the side.
- Bend your knees until your feet are flat on the floor, and drive through your heels to lift your hips off the ground.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement, then lower your hips back to the starting position.
Deadlifts are an excellent exercise for targeting the v-shaped glutes. To do a deadlift, begin by standing with your feet hip-width apart, and knees slightly bent. Hinge at the hips and slowly lower yourself down until you can grab the barbell with both hands. Then, drive through your heels to lift the barbell off the ground and stand up straight until your back is completely upright. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Pointed Butt Raises On The Knees
Pointed butt raises are an excellent exercise for targeting the v-shaped glutes. To do this exercise:
- Begin kneeling on a mat with your hands behind your head for support.
- Keep your feet hip-width apart and raise one leg as you point your toes outwards.
- Squeeze your glute at the movement’s top before lowering it to the starting position.
Fire hydrant exercises are perfect for targeting your v-shaped glutes. To do this exercise, begin by getting on all fours with your hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips. Then lift one leg to the side as high as possible and hold it there for a few seconds before lowering back to the starting position.
Glute Building Nutrition
In addition to doing the right exercises, nutrition also plays a significant role in building v-shaped glutes. A healthy diet that is high in protein and low in saturated fats is vital for building muscle and sculpting your v-shaped butt. Be sure to consume plenty of lean proteins, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats to fuel your body and get the desired results.
The Bottom Line
V-shaped glutes are aesthetically pleasing and beneficial for strength and overall health. Developing v-shaped glutes requires consistency in both exercise and nutrition to achieve the desired look. With suitable activities, proper form, and a healthy diet, you will have a perkier v-shaped butt.