The Staff Selections Commission (SSC) has released the official notification of the Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) examination for 2022. Candidates can start applying for the SSC MTS online examination by registering at its official portal. Candidates have to clear two papers to qualify. SSC has also releases the detailed syllabus for the examination. Let us discuss the ways to crack this examination in the first attempt, within the short duration of two months.
SSC MTS Exam Preparation
They should take the offline written test as well.To increase their chances to qualify, students must be familiar with the SSC MTS Syllabus. Candidates can also refer to BYJU’s Exam Prep guide to download the notes to help them prepare well.
Preparation Tips for SSC MTS
A well-structured study plan and an optimal preparation strategy are a must to crack the SSC MTS examination.
- Cover the entire syllabus and don’t skip any topic. You can find the simplified notes for all the topics online, which will be useful for exam preparation.
- Create an effective study plan that helps you cover the entire syllabus and the important chapters in detail.
- Solve as many mock tests as possible. Solving the previous year’s questions papers boosts confidence as well as improves time management skills.
- Before preparing, try to get adequate clarity on the topics and then get ahead with the questions.
- Attempt previous years’ question papers every day and analyse the mistakes. More than daily practice, mistakes rectification will fetch good marks.
Exam tips for General awareness and reasoning:
Read English newspapers regularly to score well in the General Awareness questions. This section has 25 questions and tests the ability of the candidate to perform analytical computations. You can spend 30 hours on this session in two months.
Tips for scoring in Numerical aptitude:
Questions on numerical aptitude will be simple and of the matriculation level. You should spend 30 hours exclusively for this section and focus on number systems, fundamental operations, mensuration, time and distance, ratio, etc.
Tips for scoring in General Awareness:
This section will test a candidate’s general awareness and has 25 marks. Focus on Indian history, culture, geography, economics, etc. You can spend 30 to 40 hours preparing general awareness topics.
SSC MTS exam tips for scoring in English language session:
If you are not good with English grammar, then you should spend adequate time on this section. The questions will not be very tricky and it is easy to score with basic grammar skills. Focus on sentence structure, antonyms, synonyms, and vocabulary.
Preparation for SSC MTS Paper 2:
They can also choose to write in a language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution. In Paper 2 of the SSC MTS examination, the candidate should write a letter or an essay in English.
The exam has been getting more difficult over the past few years, owing to stiff competition. It is thus mandatory to frame a strict study plan and adhere to it, to crack the exam on its first attempt. Refer to BYJU’s Exam Prep for study notes, mock tests, quizzes, and previous year papers.