When talking about trendy men’s accessories, nothing beats the heat. However, the discussion is not limited to baseball caps. Experts are talking about fedoras and other wide-brimmed headwear and hat styles. It is no secret that people love hats. Apart from the practical side, the functional and aesthetic aspects cannot go overlooked.
But do you know what the three significant symbols associated with hipsters are? – Stylish clothes, beards, and headwear. If you look at the record, you will see people coming up with different variations of headwear to style themselves with something unique and eye-catching. Suppose you have an identical taste in fashion and style. In that case, you must have a comprehensive understanding of different categories of summer headwear. Since the summer is approaching and you have to add to your wardrobe, why not go for hats? It’s not that difficult to style yourself with hats, and more so, it is a practical choice.
Hat anatomy to explore in detail
Before you delve deep into hat style, let’s breakdown the hat anatomy to understand the details:
- The crown:The crown is the headwear portion, which sits on the head. The shape and height of the crown vary based on the style.
- The Bash or dent: The bash is the indent on the crown top that gives the headwear a discrete appeal. The pattern makes the hat look narrow and sharp despite an utterly round appearance.
- The Crease: The indent formed on the sides or front of the crown is called the crease. The pinch, on the other hand, when combined with the dent, forms the crown shape of the hat.
- Ribbon: These days, most hats come with a band or ribbon that covers the crown base. It is an aesthetic feature available in multiple colors that give a distinct appearance to the wearer.
- The brim: The brim is that portion of the headwear that protects from the rain and sun. The brim width varies based on the hat style. It may be floppy or stiff, depending on the manufacturer. Moreover, some brims are flat as well as those which are curved.
Crown shapes you never knew
Suppose you look at the crown of the head where you will feel that it’s of the same shape. However, you are mistaken. There are multiple crown shapes, including open crown teardrop diamond, center dent, telescope, and cattlemen. Each of these has a distinct impression and versatility. For example, the cupped crown does not come with a pinch or dent. It is a round crown that provides a natural appeal. You may leave it open or shape it your way. The teardrop shape of the crown features a sea shape on the back of the crown and a pinch crease right in front. It gives the appearance of a teardrop and makes the hat look narrow.
Straw hats versus fur felt
Trilbies, fedoras, pork pie, and cowboy hats may be straw or felt hats. Below is a quick breakdown of the typical material used for manufacturing these hats.
- Fur felt: One of the most common materials used for creating headwear is fur felt. It is a combination of wool and animal fur. The quality of these materials is well established, and it gets the X rating. Moreover, these are materials of high quality and have a distinctive appearance and durability.
- Toquilla: Toquilla straw is a durable, flexible, and long-lasting material. Palm trees of the Ecuadorian region are the source of this material.
- Shantung: Shantung is another compatible and popular alternative to the earlier category. It is durable, lightweight, long lasting, and attractive. Shantung is slowly grabbing prominence in today’s world, where straw fedora and cowboy hats are famous.
- Milan: These days, Milan is a weave style and not a fabric. Milan straw is used widely for manufacturing hats that have a rare appearance. Most modern materials come from hemp and synthetic plastics. Milan weaving shows a thick braid and creates a ribbed look. Thus, the milan hatis more popular than any other category.
These are the most popular fabrics used for manufacturing hats. You also have seagrass that help create hats of various categories. Remember that hats with an X rating signify high quality. Several manufacturers currently qualify for this standard and thus provide you with the best options. If you want to know more about hat styles and headgears, you can grab the help of the Internet.
It will help you with details of hat styles and also the hats that will go well with your face shape and head size. When looking for perfect headwear, you must be attentive to your face shape, head size, sense of style, and occasion. The more you are prepared on these lines; the better will be your choice.
Read also: Most Adventurous Things to Do in Dubai