CBD has plenty of applications. One of the most trending ones is CBD-infused cocktails. You can easily find them in boutique bar menus thanks to the legalization of hemp to a federal degree.
Mixologists and bartenders are finding new ways to include the compound in a variety of popular drinks to the excitement of their clients. The best part is the skill isn’t limited to them.
With most bars closing due to the pandemic, we all want mixologists and home bartenders. Well, it’s possible with CBD cocktails. Maybe you’re a CBD enthusiast who’d wish to make some CBD mixes with, but you don’t know how to go about it. You’re reading the right post!
Short Intro to CBD
CBD or cannabidiol is a non-intoxicating, cannabis-derived compound found in hemp and marijuana plants. CBD doesn’t cause you to feel ‘high,’ but it does have a range of potential health benefits, from relieving anxiety to reducing inflammation.
Cannabidiol interacts with your body’s endocannabinoid system- a complex structure responsible for maintaining balance (homeostasis) in your body. What makes CBD unique is it encourages the manufacture of naturally-occurring endocannabinoids in the frame.
What’s a CBD Cocktail?
Simply put, CBD cocktails are drinks that contain the non-intoxicating cannabinoid CBD. CBD can be obtained from hemp or marijuana and will have different levels of THC. It’s crucial to know the variation between the two plants and their products when making cocktails.
Why Mix Cannabidiol and Alcohol?
There are a few reasons why mixologists are turning to CBD-infused cocktails. CBD has been shown to have some beneficial effects when combined with alcohol.
- CBD can also help lower inflammation and pain. This makes it an excellent choice for people looking for an alternative to traditional pain medications.
- CBD might reduce dependency and addiction to other substances, including alcohol. A study by Liput et al. in 2013 backs this claim. The investigators administered cannabidiol to rodents addicted to alcohol. CBD not only reduced dependency but also lowered alcohol-induced neurodegeneration.
- Cannabidiol adds an earthy taste and irresistible aroma to your drink no matter what beverage you choose. Its mild flavor is sure to help you relax as it interacts with your ECS.
Tips on Making CBD-Infused Cocktails
Here are some straightforward suggestions to get the most from your cannabidiol cocktail:
- Choose a CBD product that is derived from hemp. This will ensure that your drink contains minimal to no THC.
- Begin with a low dose of CBD and increase if needed. Not everyone requires the same amount of CBD. The standard quantity is three to five milligrams. Before stirring or shaking, that’s roughly eight to ten droplets or two to four dashes to a cocktail.
- Follow the classic laws of shaking and stirring a mix over ice. Shake for at least twenty seconds if your drink has no citrus and ten seconds if it does.
- Choose components wisely- with cannabidiol’s unique taste, elements with the same qualities match with it perfectly. Try matcha, hops, mint, and basil.
- Strive to use a cannabidiol tincture- where the CBD Is suspended in alcohol rather than oil. It’ll mix effortlessly with your drink.
- Use alcohols like amaro-based spirits and gin as they’re tasty with the compound—fun fact: Gin has natural terpenes like cannabis.
How Much Cannabidiol-infused Cocktails Should You Take?
When it comes to CBD-infused cocktails, remember to drink responsibly. Start with a glass first and increase your intake only if you know you can handle it.
The quantity you should take depends on the amount of cannabidiol content and alcohol in the cocktail. The higher the amounts, the slower you should go for your body to adapt quickly.
Delicious CBD Mixes That You Can Create
Here are a few CBD-infused cocktails to get you started:
The CBD Mule
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz ginger beer
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp CBD tincture or oil
Add all elements to a shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a glass.
- 1 1/2 oz Blanco tequila
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1/4 oz orange liqueur
- 1/4 tsp CBD tincture or oil
Add all the components to a shaker filled with ice. Shake properly, strain it into a glass, and take your time with it to savor its flavor.
Strawberry CBD Daiquiri
This drink screams a lazy day on a tropical island. You can bring the island home with the right ingredients and creation techniques.
What You’ll Require:
- 2-3 droplets of Rolling Acre’s Berry Compote CBD Oil
- 4 Frozen Strawberries
- 1 tbsp lime
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Place all the components in a blender
- Blend until the strawberries have a smooth texture
CBD-Infused Green Derby
- 5 oz. honey syrup
- 1 oz. CBD Infused Bourbon
- 1 oz. grapefruit juice
- 5 oz. lemon fluid
- Pour all the elements into a cocktail shaker. Shake until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Set a Collins glass with ice. Pour in the combination.
- Include soda water and complete the drink with fresh grapefruit.
Cannabidiol Mint JulepThis drink’s minty taste is sure to quench your thirst while leaving you feeling refreshed.
What You’ll Need
- 15mg cannabidiol tincture
- 2 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 2 to 8 mint leaves plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
How to Prepare It
- Mix the CBD tincture, leaves, and syrup in a chilled julep cup
- Include the bourbon and complete it with pebble ice
- Swizzle and finish with additional ice
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs or extra leaves
Also check out, CBD bath bombs
Cannabidiol cocktails are a great way to enjoy the compound while making tasty drinks. You can make any CBD cocktail on your own with the proper ingredients and some creativity. As with any alcoholic beverage, be sure to drink responsibly.
Also, take your time as you prepare your cocktail. Pay attention to detail and consider having friends over to maximize the experience. Cheers!